Tuesday, March 26, 2019

What Replaces Angelus During Lent?

So I wake up a week ago 5:58, then started my Angelus at 6am. But upon reciting it, I realized this is season of Lent - time to reflect on the great and sorrowful Sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Angelus declares the joy of the coming of the Savior but is this appropriate to be recited on Lent?
So I tried in the internet but found none related to the keyword I used to search. Fortunately, I have my notebook in which I update from time to time. I have a hobby of noting down any prayers I like. There I saw my copy of Lenten Salutation.


V.   God so loved the world that He gave His only Son.
R.   That the world may be saved through Him.
Hail Mary...

V.   Christ humbled Himself and obeyed unto death.
R.   Even the death on the cross.
Hail Mary...

V.   He was wounded for our sins and crushed for our offenses.
R.   By His wounds we are healed.
Hail Mary...

V.   We adore You O Christ and we bless You.
R.   Because by Your Holy Cross You have redeemed the world.
Hail Mary...

Let us Pray:

Father of mercy, by the death and resurrection of Your Son, You have forgiven our sins and freed us from the enslavement of evil. Enables us by Your grace to deny ourselves, to live the life of the Spirit and be filled with His love. By the passion of Your Son, may the kingdom break into our life and transform it by the power of the cross.
Glory be to the Father.. . 
V.   Eternal life grant unto the souls of the faithful departed.
R.   May they rest in peace. AMEN.

It is your choice on what to pray Angelus or Lenten Salutation any of which are prayer and communication to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment