Saturday, April 25, 2020

April's Challenge: April's Highs and Lows




One of 2019's Highs

One thing that I never forgot last year, which I consider as the highlight of my year, is related to one of my worst asset.  The last of 2019, I went back to workforce since 2018. It was hard to adjust since I couldn't willfully change my schedule during working hours. My highlight is neither on my work performance nor my excellent time management but on how how I suppressed being idle. 

There was time that in that certain week I'm never idle. As far as I remember my schedule that week was like this: I wake up 5am in preparation to attend daily Holy Mass (6am) then have my morning prayer (7am), then of to work (8am - 5pm) but I would extend to 5:30pm. After working hours, usually I come to our apartment by 10pm. The 6pm - 10pm was divided to activities, differ on each day. Mon&Thu: Crusade Prayer meeting(CP), fellowship and dinner&travel. Tue&Fri - Adoration in Blessed Sacrament, catechism to the children we met near Mabolo Church, dinner and travel back. Wed - same as Tue but would change during last Wednesday of the month because we have United in Prayer. Saturday work on morning then did my thesis in the afternoon till evening and Adoration in Blessed Sacrament. Sunday - laundry in the morning then weekend CP meeting that would last till because we still had dinner and discussion.

That week I never had the me/alone/idle time except for my sleeping time. Well I have to always ask for the grace of God before going to work because during the time is my...
.
.
.

One of 2019's Lows

As I have mentioned above it's my comeback from work since 2018. I struggled in adjusting my time schedule but most of also in doing my work. Simply say my expectation on the job was different from reality and my personality was not compatible to my job description. I would go to the Blessed Sacrament and pour out my grievances. 
Ever since I have been dependent on Him especially when I encounter something hard. There I plead Him to help me, that if the job is really for me then He give me wisdom in order to deserve that job; if not then He guide me to career suited for me. At the end....
.
.
.
Here is my Update as of April 2020

In my LOWS: I only lasted for 3months on that job. A week after that I was accepted in my current job. Somehow it quite fit to me though I need to do research in some areas like legal laws, mechanical, chemical and environmental practices.

In mi HIGH: Ever since the start of enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), I was not able to attend Holy Mass. But our prayer group, Jesus to Mankind, has not stopped praying. We may not be able to pray in Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto (Mabolo Church) but the mission of salvation of souls still continue. Previously of CP meeting schedule is only Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays, now it has become daily through online. Another thing is that we are able to unite in praying not only within our but all over the world via Zoom.


I'm not saying the the ECQ is a blessing in disguise. It is definitely not since it deprive us of Holy Eucharist and Confession. But we just do what can we do. 

1 comment: