Saturday, April 25, 2020

April's Challenge: Your Worst Asset



Previously it is the best asset, now the challenge is to turn 360deg to share my worst asset.
The worst thing in me that I've been 'trying' to flush is my tendency to be idle. Well as you can see this post is supposedly long over due. I reap a lot of drawbacks from this trait.

Procrastination

Girl, Bed, Hair, Bedroom, Relax, Person, Indoors
Image by Free-Photos in Pixabay 

Whenever I'm piled with projects that needs to be done ASAP, I tend to escape from the stressful situation. I would resort to reading novel and manga or watching anime. From the supposed 30-minute break stretched to hours. The result, eleventh-hour finishing of plans and estimates. Most of the time this has affected my sleeping hours since I have to pull up all-nighter in order to finish work before due.

Less Interpersonal Communication

In one of my posts, I have shared how seldom I talk/text/chat with my friendsI tend to be idle not only acts but also in words. Most of the time I would not talk to them not unless it is very serious matters. Good thing the most of the communication tools offer emoji, I would not need to type some of my responses.

Misconception of being Introvert

I keep being passive and quiet because I'm fond of noise. When I was a student, if I have some things I want to raise up I would find someone assertive to speak out for me. By doing this, I would save myself from exerting on talking and trying to express my thoughts. Good thing it often went well. If not, I would evaluate if thing that bothers me do not exceed my tolerance then I chose to be passive.

Incoherent Conversation

Often times people get confused to my response or messages. It is because when I converse I would omit other things, unconsciously though, because I am assuming that they already had background or knowledge to what I'm trying to say. Sometimes I would just drop the subject if I think it is superficial because it becomes hassle adding details just for my thoughts to be understood.

Inclined to Reclusive Lifestyle

I had monotonous routine: home-work-church-home but I don't feel bored of it. Those who know me are not expecting that I would show if there are gatherings. So, I always get the same surprised reaction from my friends whenever I attend to the gathering. I remember in college whenever it summer, I go off-grid for almost 3months since I am home. On the opening of new semester, certain classmate would utter: "so your still alive". Well I don't take it the heart, I know where there remarks come from.

To counter this worst tendency that I have, I would push through any impulse that I feel whenever I am idle. It is because I don't when will I be able to feel that impulse. Another thing is offering my day, though praying the morning offering. I am saying this prayer not to offend the Second Commandment but in order to ask the Lord to give me the grace to make my day worthy to be presented to His Altar. This prayer serve as my inspiration that drives me to move and do what must be done.



Also I will equip my offering by the protection of my Guardian Angel. This prayer is not for kids only, as what St. Padre Pio said our guardian angels:

"How close to us stands one of the celestial spirits, who from the cradle to the grave never leaves us for an instant. He guides us, he protects us like a friend, like a brother. This should be a source of constant consolation for us, especially during the saddest times of our lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment