Thursday, April 2, 2020

April's Challenge: Quote you live by

The second day of  30 - day blog challenge is : "Quote you live by"

As you live by, your principle can be perceived by your relationship with others: family, friends, colleagues, acquaintance....after all "no man is an island" but that is not the quote of this blog's subject. Before I share the quote I lived by I'll give little background of this quote. I'd lived by that quote long before I learned of that quote. We'll it can't be help its just recently (2013) when I read that quote.

This quote was presented as quote and quote by Gon which came from Kite in 13th Hunter Chairman Election Arc of Hunter X Hunter.
"No matter where we go, we'll always be friends." - Kite (Hunter x Hunter)

But seriously, back to reality this really came from Yoshiro Togashi, the creator of Hunter X Hunter and YuYu Hakusho.

This quote was said when Gon and Killua parted. Watching (anime) and reading (manga) their parting made me nostalgic of the beginning of Hunter X Hunter (HXH). The story started when Gon decided to go out of his home to pursue his dad, Gin. The first step in acquiring clues of Gin's location is being a licensed Hunter. So he participated in the Hunter examination, where he met his best friends. The first one to appear who became close friend with Gon is Leorio (403), a narcissist guy who aims to be a doctor. The next one is Kurapika(404), a serious walking encyclopedia with deep-seated hatred on Spiders. These three had woven their friendship as the examination progress before they met Killua(99). The first appearance of Killua gave me an impression that he is just a side character, a cannon fodder. 



Among the four of them, Gon and Killua had spent most of the time together in many HXH arcs. During the Hunter examination Gon and Killua spent there time mostly exploring. They clicked more since the are both 12years old. But due to Killua's family issue, he forfeited in the exam and went home. This is unacceptable to Gon so he halted his search on his dad in order to save Killua from his home. Kurapika and Leorio also joined to rescue Killua. After taking him away from home they decided to separate and pursue their goal: Leorio - to study medicine, Kurapika - becoming blacklist Hunter to be strong, Gon - find Gin and Killua - a tag along.

Before Gon resumed his search he went first home and since Killua is idle he tag along. There two of them learn to become strong together at the same time. I've watched their journey from the beginning, they've met because of there goal, they journey together as they pursue that goal and they parted when the've reached their goal. That is why the scene where they parted leave a very deep impression for me.

Well watching HXH has somehow influenced me on how to treat my friends. In HXH aside from Gon and Killua, Leorio and Kurapika do not have constant communication with each other. Yet when someone is in dire need they are there to help.

I have the personality of not having good communication to others who are remote to me, that could be connected only thru online and call. Looking at my messenger, the conversation with my friends most of them only recieved 1 or 2 messages from me for a year. And the content of that is birthday greeting. September of 2019, I received a chat from my friend which the first communication we had since July of 2018. She said she's in the city where I am at the moment and asked me if we could meet up. This friend of mine is my classmate in elementary only since we have different highschool. Now after many years, there was no awkward moments when we met. The good thing of no having constant communication is that you had endless topics and the surprises of  each others this and that. We didn't really put so much effort in the meet up. We had no plans after dinner so we decided to boringly walked with the vicinity of the restaurant where we dine.

Me and her, almost forgot to take picture for memories

Since we graduated we never had communication not until we had Facebook. Looking in our messages it is trully really once a year for only one day. For me, not talking out with each other will never cancel our the friendship. I'll respond if they asked for help; I'll call them if I need there help. That is how I live by the quote: 

"No matter where we go, we'll always be friends."

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Day 02/30. What a beautiful story. Sooner or later, we will separate ways, but as you said on the last line "No matter where we go, we'll always be friends." hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Littlemisadvencha. I thank your blog, it literally challenged my perseverance!

      Delete
  2. I see. There is a whole world out there revolving around Hunter X Hunter. While I know nothing about that world, appreciate the beautiful quotes originating from that place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you appreciate HXH based from my quick review. Anime is a whole different world but fascinating. I'm not saying to get stuck in their world but there anime who can give life's lesson.

      Delete

  3. For those who are passionate about manga and this story in detail, all this is really beautiful, exciting and really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "No man is an island" I know your post is not about this quote but this is so true. Our whole lives revolve around the relationships we make. And those relationships that can stand the test of time or distance are the great relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend like that too! We have drifted apart over the years, but we will always be there for each other

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice to meet old friends! I really liked it there was no awkwardness between you two despite meeting after such a long time

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is quite moving. Friendship is very important to keep up during these times of isolation, and it’s good to hear a bit about it from your perspective. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a few old friends I think of in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. True friends are hard to find so once we find one, let's keep them.

    ReplyDelete