Saturday, April 25, 2020

April's Challenge: Your Best Asset

Background by Free photo on Pixabay 

If I would be asked during job interview of my best asset, I would be drenched in cold sweat. I'm not very effective in marketing myself when it comes to this.

When we talk about asset, it talks about usefulness and value. With this two quality, I could only think of friends as my best asset.

Friends are Useful

In times of dire needs a true friend can be depended on. The thing about having true friends is that they would help you in whatever they can without any precondition. Plus they would not tally it in "I Owe You" list. They will give time and support to you and share in your happy and sad moments. As I grow old, my circle of friends become diverse. I am not saying that you should be friends only to people that will become useful to you. Personally my harsh definition of friends are those people you kept in contact and cared even if they are not helpful in your career. Yes, I am getting long-winded and contradictory. So to close this, in my logic friends are useful if they become true friends who help, support, listen and advise you. 

Friends are Valuable

In friendship, you invest trust, love and care. The relationship can be compared to masterpiece, its value grows as time goes - valuable but priceless. It does not build its value in just one night but has been tested through times. In time the relationship will be more valuable than your pride, deeper than you hurt and stronger than any storm. As in every relationship friendship needs trust and respect. The value of friendship is intangible, that is why finding those TRUE ones are like needle in the haystack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment