Friday, April 3, 2020

April's Challenge: Facts About Me


 


Today's challenge is quite exhaustive. But oh well, it could be good practice for job interview or having conversation with a friend of a friend.

1. My name is April

99% of all the people I met for the first time would firstly ask: "So your birthday is on April?" or "You're on April?" or "Who is May?". Then I would answer "uhuh" or "yes" or "oh May is my big sister". But I am thankful of my birth date because I was born during celebration of the Divine Mercy Sunday.

2. I am the youngest

All handed downs are given to me, even the chores. Mother will command my big brother, big brother will pass it to my big sister, big sis will pass it to... end of chain of command. But oh well I've never been pressure by responsibilities.

3. "The best way to remember everything is to forget about it"

This has been my mantra when I want to remember something since high school Funny though I'm not sure, can't remember clearly if this line came from Chet Morton in Hardy Boys series.

4. I'm Idle

I wish to be idle, how I love my bed. Sample: I was too lazy to think of my course for college, during application I applied whatever course is available as long as it is not on my hate list. I'm shallow since I don't want to exhaust my mind.

5.  I'm a fan of anime

I have mixed emotion when Naruto ended. I'm still waiting HXH to finish, when I go to Japan I'll to Toshiro sensei's house to raise my petition. I almost got heart attack watching the Daemon Devil's Bat's play... Yaha!!. And yes I really called Kinton cloud to send me to school, shame it did not come. Ah I also draw whatever letter it was to call Nadare, Saiha and Homura. Gosh I'm a blabber for anime.

6. I only had 2 profile pics in my 11 years in Facebook

My first profile is the sweet lover Kero chan  for 5 years. Also it's just recently that I had my cover photo.

7. I'm surrounded by animal lovers

My sister is my roommate during college.  We rescued 2 puppies, mothered 3 cats and feed 5 cats while studying. Now, my friend and roommate rescued cats, I can't take count and a dog with mange. Hm, can I consider to be animal since they've taking good care of me? 

8. I like classic

Hardy Boys, Agatha Christie, The Help, Pride & Prejudice. The Little Women - up until now I can't accept the ending of this story. I really like how classically elegant Sesshomaru is.

9. I'm sucker for sweets

I've lived by principle but I can give concessions if I'm offered sweets. Ah but there are case I only accept the sweets not the proposals (quite cunningly shameless of me).

10. Looks can be deceiving

I got the same surprised reactions when I show them my hair. On the outside it is straight but when I part my hair its curl inside. I'm also able to avoid scolding; its always my seatmate who always got scolding even though I'm the ringleader.

11. I've become Chinese novel reader

There is manga I'd read that stopped updating for months. I've grow impatient so I searched for raws until I discovered that it is originally a novel adapted to manga. I've read all that works of that author, Yu Wo.

12. I love reading

I like reading even those works I'm not interested, they make me sleep easily. What a cost effective sleeping pill. 

13. I have my own stylist

In my 26 years, the clothes that I personally choose/buy can be counted by my fingers. I'm fortunate enough to have my personal stylist - my mother. And now she has an assistant - my friend/roommate.

14. I like natural bookmarks

In my Crusade Prayer Booklet there are 2 rose petal - white and red, I collected this during one of the Feast of Mama Mary. There is also 1 orange petal I picked-up from a tree which reminds me of anime.

15. At 15 I appreciated the saints

The patron saint of our high school classroom is St. Dominic Savio. His promises during his first Communion really struck me, one of these is: "death rather than sin". How in his young age can he utter those promises, it inspired me.

16. I never remember any of my dreams except...

I always have uninterrupted sleep. When I close my eyes at night, the moment I open it, it is already morning. They say as I've read people really has dreams during sleep, but never had I been able to recall it except for when I have nightmare. But even if I remember my nightmare it is only the last 10sec.

17. I don't like being under the sun

One afternoon I sit on covered bench to watch football. The match is from 1:00pm to 4:30pm. I was shocked when I'm back in my room that I got sunburn. The sun was too much that time to cause me sunburn even when I was not directly exposed to it.

18. Untouched hair

Okay let me be clear, I'm not being narcissistic here. People who appreciated my hair always asked me what hair treatment did I undergo. I always answer, shampoo and sometimes with conditioner. I've never been in salon till I turned 25 for my haircut. And I'm not a neanderthal, I'm just luck to have my personal stylist - see item 13.

19. I strive to to forgive

Forgiveness is never easy if you're badly hurt but I strive to forgive. It is not for the good of the offender but for my own, after all how can I say the Our Father if I cannot forgive.
"...and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us"

20. I am exhausted. I can't think anymore facts about me. Good thing I'm already in the 20th. 


Whew my brain survived the 3rd day challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I was so impressed when I read you had your own stylist, and then I read it was your mother... Lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whenever I dress up to go out, my mother would scrutinize my dress. well at the end she would bring new sets of clothes for me to change. i barely care about fashion so long as it covers my body, such fortunate to have her as my free stylist

      Delete